More Workshop News

The Knitting and Stitching Show, Ally Pally, London
STAMP AND STITCH

The bittersweet of my first day home alone since May, is here. The summer, such as it was as far as the weather was concerned, is over, yes I am a Brit moaning about the weather, and the family have all returned to work, university and school respectively. My daughter is about to begin her final year in Uni and my son has begun his final year of school! How did that happen???

The sweet part comes from the fact that I can knuckle down into a creative routine again and it also gives me a time to think of all the commitments that I have in the coming months.

I know that many of you are reading this a long way from here and so have little interest in my local events, but please bare with me because I have got lots of projects to share with you coming up now that I have the time to photograph and write about them.

Mentioned in my last post are the two workshops that I am giving locally in October, details of which can be found here  and also in October I will be doing two mini 1 hour long workshops at The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandria Palace in London.

Details of the workshop programme that they run at this show can be found on the website and here are they are too!

The first is called STAMP AND STITCH. 1 hour (see image above)
Create a unique flower brooch using the easy technique of stamping. The base design is stamped onto the background fabric using non-toxic water based fabric paints. Further embellishment is added with a variety of hand embroidery stitches. How to make your own quick and easy stamps using re cycled materials will be demonstrated as part of the workshop. Project is begun during the class then taken away to be completed later. 
Suitable for any level. 
Thursday 8th October 2.00 pm 
Cost £12 including all materials.

The second is called STENCIL AND STITCH. 1 hour (see image below)
Create a Moon Gazing Hare piece using the easy and fool proof technique of freezer paper stencilling. Moon and Hare are painted onto the background fabric using non-toxic water based fabric paints. Further embellishment is added with a variety of free form hand embroidery stitches. Project is begun during the class then taken away to be comp
Suitable for any level
Friday 9th October 10.30 am
Cost £12 including all materials.

The Knitting and Stitching Show, Ally Pally, London
STENCIL AND STITCH


The whole ethos behind the quick and easy workshops at the Knitting and Stitching show is to introduce new crafts and/or techniques to people coming from a variety of fibre and textile backgrounds. I am presenting these workshops as quick and easy projects but they are techniques that I use are regularly in my own Art Quilting/Textile Art work and can be used in lots of ways so if you are going to the show I hope you can come and join me.

More to come and thanks for visiting!

Quilt Routes


Comments

Popular Posts