Peace?

Quilt Routes

After the distruptions of the summer (all good!) it can be a little hard to find that creative routine again.

Quilt Routes

Something that I find works for me is to pull out a UFO of some description and just get sewing.
This is what I did with these already quilted blocks that I made by cutting up a Blah quilt (first shown here).
 

It made perfect sense to just string them together to make a "Peace" bunting.
As it turns out my timing is right on the mark. as I write this, just up the road the latest Nato Summit is taking place. Below is a not very good shot of one of the military helicopters that have been ploughing up and down the coast here all week. Below that is my beloved Cardiff Castle surrounded with fencing, in preparation for a banquet later. My home town looks like an open prison at the moment and walking around you get a feeling of what it might feel like to live in a police state. We are just not used to seeing police carrying guns here in Wales!

I am well aware that a litle fabric bunting won't do much to influence all the arms deals/peace talks! taking place over the next few days, but we can live in hope.

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. the bunting is a sentiment shared by most of us I hope. Not a nice atmosphere for you. Let's hope some good comes out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still freaked by that level of security. Your banner is a good idea. Go hang it on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pieces look beautiful in a banner. That does not look like fun at your town, always a nuisance when people come to visit who need military protection.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts